Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dante & Randall Strike Back


I went to see Clerks II today....

...and it's all about hetero-life mates.

Yep, that's right aside from the gorgeous Rosario Dawson with her big, beautiful boobies bouncing around, it's all about men loving men.

I'm serious. And I'm seriously thinking about emailing Kevin Smith and asking for my seven-fiddy back. It's a big comic dick fest!!

Let me first say that i am a huge fan of Kevin Smith, his life, his attitude, BUT not all of his work. (actually I pretty much like everything EXCEPT Chasing Amy)

Clerks. - I loved it, intelligenly written for my mentality at that time. It was one of those movies you and your cool friends travelled 2 hours to see in the big city cuz they didn't play artsy films like that back in good old 1996...plus we had the dialogue memorized to the point where "others" wouldn't know what we were talking about. Yeah..we were Clerks. nerds.

So here we are 10 years later and I am lucky enough to still be in contact with one of those cool friends that went to see it all those years ago. One of those who can still recite Randall's theory of the Death Star labour force.

The movie is pretty much what we expected. A lot of foul language, a lot of non-politically correct scenes and vulgarity. But like I said in the opening...lots of "Man Love"!!!

1. Like Bert and Ernie, Jay and Silent Bob are still together, making us all question their sexual leanings.

2. Randall and Dante are still together...(see above)

3. There are sexually explicit scenes of ACTUAL male on male sex that I care not to repeat, I'll let you witness it for yourselves.

4. There is much talk about how Hobbits are gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)

5. There is even a scene were one of the other clerks, Elias', sexual preferences are challenged.

Now most of it was truly funny, gross, funny, offensive, disturbing, funny, vomit inducing, side splitting...there just that man on man trend within the movie that, strangely, Smith doesn't mention anyway on his media blitz across the nation.

But mostly I'll remember Rosario...

In the end IT IS a funny movie...2 things to watch for:

...Pussy Troll
...Buffalo Bill

Snoogans

2 Comments:

Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I must see this movie! I have seen Clerks a million times and I love Randall. Maybe you are reading too much into the manly togetherness of Jay and Silent Bob. Maybe they love each other in a Viking way, all manly and rugged. (snicker)

8:16 AM  
Blogger Pamer said...

I hope so Pru...when you see it, you see some weird shit withthose two.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home