Monday, January 08, 2007

Queen Latifah vs Marsha Warfield



Ahoy you lot.

Lemme get right to the point. I've been sick...Norwalk, Novo Virus whatever it was, it was bad. It's funny though, everytime someone asks me about it, the first question is always "Did you get your flu shot?"

I have two retorts to this, depending on the inquistor.

1. Well duh...If i DID get a flu shot, would I be sick? (This is predicated on the assumption that this person believes wholeheartedly in the "flu Shot" and it's wonder-drug reputation)

2. I don't believe that the flu shot is a wonder-drug therefore I never do get injected. Personally I think it's all just sugar water blended with microscopic government Nanite Robots used for manipulating or buying habits...internally...

Anyway, while I was sick I got to watch a lot of TV/Movies etc and happened to catch a bit of Caddyshack II starring the wonderfully talented Marsha Warfield and the not-so-talented Jackie Mason. Well, the plot is bad and the acting along with it, the story doesn't matter but what does is that something hit me while watching Marsha...

She always plays a strong character, forceful and witty with a fair amount of chutzpah. Am I wrong?

It dawned on me that Queen Latifah has stolen all the roles that would normally be reserved for a woman of Marsha's prowess.

So I have a new theory. Queen Latifah is the new Marsha Warfield and if they ever get around to making that long anticiapted "Night Court" movie, the Queen will play Roz (with Vin Diesel as Bull Shannon, of course)

These are the things that occupy my thoughts on Jan 8th

3 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

I think you're on to something! It was the cold medicine wasn't it? It's like legal liquid crack. I have the most epiphanies when I'm sick.

Hope you feel better soon!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Were you downing Robitussin DM? It's supposed to make you hallucinate.

Good point about the Queen, tho.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Please don't make me stare at Queen Latifah's face anymore!

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home