Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Back...from Frozen Florida


Yep, Pamer's Wife and I are back from our holiday in the sun and let's just say it was an adventure.

Oh yeah...no tans over here.


We did have some "Thank Gods" though:

-Thank God mama thought to reserve three rental cars so that we could all do our own thing.
-Thank God mama rented us this giant house so that we all had our own wing complete with bathroom and cable TV.
-and Thank God it wasn't hot or sunny, cuz God knows Pamer don't need no time int he sun. He don't need to relax and gets some rays by the pool with a cocktail and a copy of Marvel Civil War...noooooo.

Disney was fun (as always) even though I got rained on for the first time in 8 outings. Magic Kingdom actually shut down some rides for fear of lightning...oh well.

We got to do some new stuff like ride the Aerosmith roller coaster (twice) at MGM studios, ride the Test Track ride at Epcot (twice), ride the Everest roller coaster at Animal Kingdom (only once) and eat a giant smoked turkey leg at Magic Kingdom (only once ) and grossing out vegetarian Pamer's Wife while eating said giant smoked turkey leg ...Hahahaha.

Oh...and even though it was pretty cold some days, i vowed to wear my shorts everyday. Dammit, I was on vacation, I'm gonna wear my shorts. You could easily pick out the like-minded hearty Canadians in the crowds. Pamer's Wife just laughed as she put on layer after layer of warm clothes...chicken!

You guys ever hear of planes having to de-ice their wings before takeoff?? Sure you have. Ever hear of them having to do it in Orlando? HA!!! Well, it was pretty frigid whenwe boarded the plane for home and the Captain informs us that there is frost ont he wing and the authorities won't let us off the ground until its gone. Since Orlando International Airport doesn't have de-icing equipment we get to move the plane into the sunshine until it melts the frost...for an hour...remember its about 48 degrees F.

It's all pretty comical when you think about it and since we've had pretty good luck over the years with vacations. I guess we were due for a less than great time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

You decide to take a vacation to Florida- they predict possible snow flurries in Jacksonville!

You go home- it's 75 degrees again.

I think it's a conspiracy.

I'm glad you had fun! Although your recap is making me hungry for turkey legs. Mmmm.

4:56 PM  
Blogger The Mistress said...

Almost as fun as your Vancouver vacation, eh?

11:18 PM  
Blogger Pamer said...

Yes Tink I shook my fist firmly at the weather report...and those turkey legs are awesome!!! I can't believe I went so long without having one.

MJ: me and trips just don't seem to go well together lately...(grumble)

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. sounds like you have the vacation blues. it could have been worse. it could have been 110 in the shade and you could have come back resembling a tomoato.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home