Thursday, February 08, 2007

Vacation State Of Mind

4:30am

Yep that's the time we need to leave for the airport tomorrow morning to go to Florida. Damn, why so early?

The only thing that makes it ok leaving at such a god-forsaken time is that it's supposed to be -25 and snowy....and +25 in Orlando. Quite a swing in temps!!!

Ok, like I mentioned before this is a family trip...with my IN-LAWS. First time ever!! We've been married for nie on to 10 years and this part of the fam-damly has never traveled together (with me).

I am both excited and Frightened.

Excited to get out of work for a week and (hopefully) enjoy some Florida sun. Excited to go back to Disney World after 7 years and see what's new and improved. Excited to get out of work...oh yeah I said that already (did I mention that work sucks?).

Frightened because of traveling with Mom-in-law and two hyper toddlers (not mine).

Here's the itinerary as I see it unfolding:

-land in Orlando, Mom-in-law, Sis-in-Law and Wife immediately ask "where is the closest mall?"
-Guys dutifully cart women folk to mall...
-Disney (day 1)
-Disney (day 2)
-Disney (day 3)
-Disney (day4)

-now that Disney is over "what do we do now?"
-Pamer and Pamer's Wife make a bee-line to the beach

It should be fun though...i mean it's like they always say: A bad day on holidays is better than your best day at work.

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions...frankly i would be just as happy lying on the beach and playing beach volleyball.

I will hopefully have a few pictures to post when I get back...especially the ones of me wearing my banana hammock.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

Disney, YAY! That was the little kid in me crying out to be released. Now where did I put those mouse ears, hm?

Have fun!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Pamer said...

yes I am looking forward to it too. I've been 8 times so far and everytime is the BEST time. I am thinking about getting a "Goofy" hat this year...i might be a little old for mouse ears now

1:56 PM  
Blogger D. Prince said...

Travelling with the in-laws can be t-r-i-c-k-y!

I went to Maui with mine.
Ouch, after day three I was yearning for home and pretty much ready to make a swim for it.

But then again my in-laws are the spawns of Satan so what did I expect.

10:06 PM  
Blogger D. Prince said...

Oops, I forgot to say "Have a great trip!"

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home